Post 3: Performance Speech

Ms. Hendrix

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

We are continuing on with Performance Speech this week.  Performance Speech is your interpretation of a piece of literature, or published work.  Do you think this will be more difficult than just writing a speech and presenting it?  Or do you believe it will be easier?  Why?

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
21 Comments

21 Responses to “Post 3: Performance Speech”

1. Guillermo Rendon on September 18th, 2017 7:39 am

I do think that Performance Speech will be more difficult. It includes other pieces of work that you didn’t right to memorize that you must in order to present it.

2. Tyler irvine on September 20th, 2017 9:21 pm

I think that speech would be easier because I’m better speaking of the top of my head then having to sit down for a couple hours to barley have anything

3. Quentericka on September 18th, 2017 8:38 am

Yes I’m going to continue performance this week even though I have never spoke in front such A big class before and I want to try.

4. Jadyn Wiliams on September 18th, 2017 8:39 am

Script is easier because their is multiple people who can be your support team. Plus, the words are already written for you, whereas a speech that is impromptu is just straight off the head.

5. Michael D'Angelo on September 18th, 2017 2:27 pm

I think that this will be much more difficult because your assuming the role of the character as apposed to just being yourself and delivering your speech with emotion I also think it requires much more work to do because you have to break things down and see what your piece of work is trying to say.

6. Terry Flores on September 18th, 2017 4:08 pm

Based off what the definition of Performance Speech is, and the examples of how some of my classmates performed, I am convinced that it is easier than writing a speech and delivering it in front of a class. A glimpse of this was cutting down to specific scenes of a Disney movie and summing it up to an audience which makes it it concise, but fills you in as an audience because of the key scenes that when you act out it creates a similar feeling as if watching a play. I would like this , better than writing a speech and orally presenting it. I like interpreting a work and my liking to it makes it easier to deliver. Since the movie of the script I may be given is familiar to me, the characters actions bring delight when I read and facilitate my ability to know my parts when showing these things with my group to a class.

7. Syniah Allen on September 18th, 2017 9:14 pm

I think it would be more difficult in some areas and easier in others . When we get more into it the work and speeches will be harder and we would possibly have to remember them on our own but as we keep doing it then it will also get easier because we’ll be more comfortable with our classmates.

8. Kamaya Pooler on September 19th, 2017 8:18 am

Yes I do because I would just get a topic and talk about everything that I can instead of acting every part out because that takes a lot of time up.

9. Chris Miller on September 19th, 2017 2:49 pm

i think it will be easier because we have something to go off of rather than it coming off the top of our head

10. Tiffany Cooper on September 19th, 2017 3:44 pm

I think it would be easier to do the script and perform it, because when I do go up to do the speech, I would already know what to say. Instead of trying to think about what to say and trying not to freeze up during the speech.

11. Dae'yonna Mcduffie on September 19th, 2017 4:55 pm

I believe this will be much easier , I say this because presenting and writing a speech is different.presenting a speech that has been written is much more easier and your basically performing it in the way it was written or somewhat.Writing a speech could be more stressful and harder because your making your own lines and picking a good topic.

12. Chance on September 19th, 2017 5:11 pm

13. Kyla Shropshire on September 19th, 2017 9:22 pm

I think this will be harder than writing a speech. Simply because I have to try to understand the characters on a different level to try to present them. While me writing my own I know what I’m trying to say and how I’m trying to say it.

14. Kory Shropshire on October 1st, 2017 5:09 pm

I agree

15. jerrysa davila on September 26th, 2017 11:29 am

i think that it would be hard to do speech because u be nervous and u just be shy to speak i front of a whole crowd

16. Lance P on September 27th, 2017 8:39 am

Presenting the speech will be is much more easier and your basically performing it in the way it was written

17. indira florez on September 28th, 2017 9:42 am

I believe it will be harder to present a preformance speech then writing it because there is alot of pressure when your reading your speech because the class has all eyes on you and you might get nervous.

18. Ronesha Collier on September 30th, 2017 12:02 pm

I think it will be more difficult because in a speech you have to stand and talk, sometimes off the top of your head but with performance speech you have to memorize words and act things out.

19. Nevaeh Collazo on October 1st, 2017 7:18 pm

I think a performance speech would be more difficult because when you write and plan out a speech u kno what to say and if you forget something you can always improvise.

20. Diamon Thomas on October 5th, 2017 12:49 pm

i think performance speech can go both ways it can be harder and easier because were not just picking pieces from the top of our head were gonna actually have time to explain a but it can be hard because writing a speech is always with your feeling and emotions its easier to some people to express writing then to get up to a class and see 50 eyeballs looking at you. It can go either way

21. Christopher on October 6th, 2017 11:48 am

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left